Congratulations on taking the first step on your journey to being a motorcycle road racer. This is a journey you’ll remember forever.
WMRRA’s novice program will give you the experience and skills needed to compete safely on the racetrack. We hope you choose to get involved with our great sport and become part of our tight knit family of racers.
Be sure to take photos, videos, and mental snapshots; your novice season will soon be a blur full of fun, friends, and of course, speed.
Welcome to the WMRRA Family.
Steps to becoming a new WMRRA racer
- Register for a Novice license
- Attend an NRS classroom session (date below)
- Attend an NRS on-track session (date below)
- Register for your first race
- First year novices will need to complete BOTH the classroom and on-track portion of the NRS to be eligible to race.
- Returning novices will NOT be required to attend the NRS but if you interested in this year’s program and requirements you are welcome to join us.
NRS (New Racer School) Date
- NRS Classroom - March 18th 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. @ KFG Motorsports (map)
- Register for the class here -> Motorsportsreg.com
- It is required to purchase a Novice License either before or at the time of the NRS classroom event.
NRS On-Track Dates
The on track portion will be hosted and ran by 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction. The class will run regardless of weather conditions. Having a set of rain or DOT tires may be a requirement to participate in wet weather. Much like race day you will need to be prepared for the potential of rain.
- NRS On-Track - April 24th @ The Ridge Motorsports Park (map)
- Register for the track session here -> 2Fast.org
Click here for registration instructions.
Novice Race Classes
Novice license allows entry to 600 Amateur, Open Amateur, Ninja 250 Cup, Ultra-Lightweight Supersport, Lightweight Supersport, Lightweight Superbike, 450 Superbike, Middleweight Supersport, Middleweight Superbike, and Vintage classes.
See the WMRRA rulebook for more information.